Cybersecurity Fundamentals: Quest Overview
In this first Quest, you will work to access and operate the training platform that will be used throughout your future Journies and Quests in this accelerated training program. You will then learn the fundamental aspects of cybersecurity, including the CIA triad, zero trust, NIST security standards, and industry standards, including the CSF framework. After completing this lesson, you will articulate your roles and perform essential vital functions, including red teaming and identifying an organization’s digital footprint.
RA Orientation Sessions
You will learn the following during the program orientation:
- Understand the overall structure of the program.
- Access the course syllabus and schedule.
- Learn about the logistics of the course, such as communication channels, submission deadlines, and grading policies.
- Familiarize yourself with the learning platform and its features.
- Learn how to navigate the platform effectively.
- Understand the tools and technologies used in the course and how to use them efficiently
By the end of the Cybersecurity module in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the critical roles in cybersecurity
- Perform fundamentals of cybersecurity tasks, including basic threat, vulnerability, test, and analysis
- Familiarize learners with commonly used frameworks, threats, attacks, and frequently executed tasks
- Understand the functionality of various cybersecurity ranges